Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 

June 14, 2007 Chuck & Mike.................






In June, Mike Duda was here visiting from Germany. One day, June 14, I had to drive Mike up to the Manchester, NH. bus station. He was taking a bus up to Rutland, Vermont to attend his sister Shelley's wedding. Anyway, we were getting kind of bored waiting for the bus, so we decided to get some photos of ourselves, but we needed someone to actually take the photos.
I looked over toward the bus station and there was this really pretty girl sitting on a bench, alone. I had major trepidations about actually approaching her, but I figured what the hell - but I'm thinking to myself - what girl in her right mind is going to go off with two older, mischievous-looking guys at a bus station? Ah, that would be Catherine. She takes one look at me as I'm overly-pantomiming the use of my camera in an effort to convey my request for her to take me and Mike's photo, and (I can only assume) immediately realizes that, although I'm clearly a looney-tune, I'm harmless, and in all likelihood Mike is my caretaker.
So, she not only agrees to come take our photo across the street , but takes all of her luggage over to us.
After we goofed around for a while, she admitted that what was going on was that there was this actually creepy old guy, drunk, who had been pestering her and following her since she had arrived at the station. She was, in fact, so freaked out by this guy that she welcomed our request, because she was now "with us."
So, we hung out for a while, and she told us all about her bus travel plans. Actually she told us all about what was going on with her. It was a fun meeting. Catherine was really cool. Then, her bus came, and she got on the bus and it drove away.
So, i couldn't decide which photos to show, so i'm just posting all of them. They're small, but you can click on them to make them big.


..........meet Catherine


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?