Sunday, April 08, 2007

 

April 5, 2007 Baby you can Drive my Car.......

One of the great things about working at Hahhhhhhhhhhhhvid is that Cambridge is wicked easy to get to from my house. I do have to drive 40 miles to a garage, then a few miles on the subway. In fact, hahvid is the 3rd stop on the Red Line.



Anyway, i never drive during rush hour. I just go south on Route 3 out of Nashua to start with; I am entering Massachusetts in no time, as you can see above. This is the state line.

Within about 20 minutes or so, i'm in sight of Route 128 (I-95).












Then, in about 4 miles, I see the turn off for Route 2 East to Cambridge






Soon, I see the Boston skyline (click on photo below) and the signs for Alewife station. Alewife station is the end of the MBTA Red line and there's a huge parking garage there.




This is the inside of the Alewife garage
Alewife is named for a fish. Yup, it's similar to a herring, but is actually a member of the shad family, from what they tell me on Wikipedia.


I'm only on the T for 3 stops, and then I emerge. That's hahvid yahd right behind the brick wall. The whole commute is about an hour, but a really relaxing hour with no hassles, so I don't mind.



Since I started coming here nearly 6 years ago, I estimate that I have made this commute about 385 times.






Hey- here's my school locker!

Labels:


Comments:
Chuck -- this post is what blogging is all about. On the face of it, this is the most boring set of pictures ever -- BUT -- as a Brit, I found it incredibly interesting!!! Just seeing how cold it is still in Boston (it's 80 degrees here) and just seeing your locker at Harvard is so cool!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?