Saturday, February 24, 2007

 

February 17, 2007 OMG, I finally got the snowshoes out !

This is an odd year. The first real snowstorm this year came on Feb. 14, and I saw a flock of Robins frantically pecking for worms through the snow in my back yard this morning (Feb. 24). I guess that means that by at least one definition, Winter was only 10 days this year. Yeah, right, we'll see about that. But i didn't waste any time getting out for my first hike on snowshoes on February 17, and fortunately, it ruled.
Here's two photos (taken by placing the camera on a post, or gate, and using the camera timer).




These next two photos remind me of that old Procol Harum song "A Whiter Shade of Pale."
I'm not sure what causes the over-exposure, but i assume it's the refraction of the sunlight off of the snow - causing this magical appearance. It looks like I'm a character in some movie like "Ghost."




Below is a sample of the kind of tracks I make as I traipse about (click on photo for closer view).


Eventually, I make it back to my trusty Ford Explorer. The Snowshoes are Tubbs brand, Venture 30" style.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?