Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

February 15, 2007 Winter Finally Arrives at Harvard

Winter finally asserted itself yesterday! How odd that our first real winter storm didn't arrive until Valentine's Day! The entire campus got coated in a mixture of snow, sleet, and freezing rain - and then a deep freeze followed,turning the campus into a treacherous frozen wasteland, although a really pretty one.
I started the day at the MAC and then went over to Lowell House to meet a student for lunch. The photo below is of the Lowell courtyard.


After a stop at the Hillel building to give blood, I walked over to a lecture on the other side of campus. The photo above is a view of the famed Yard, with a squirrel seemingly unfazed by her new environment. Below is my route past the Science Center to William James Hall, which is the tall white building in the background. My office this semester is on the 13th floor of that building (WJH 1326).

From the 13th floor of William James Hall there's a really great view of the Boston skyline, which I attempted to capture in the photo below. I took the photo through the glass window near the computer lab.

By the end of the day, I was back at Lowell House for tea, and then dinner with some students. Below is a nice view of the Lowell House Bell Tower at dusk.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?