Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

January 6, 2007 Damn, Global Warming feels good


WOW! I had to go outdoors today and celebrate in the sun - a record warm day with a high temp of 69 Deg F. I loved every minute of it. My "celebration" was tempered somewhat by the knowledge that I am part of that most egregiously selfish generation that is in the process of committing the most unthinkably gigantic breach of intergenerational ethics imaginable: Ruining the planet that we live on, providing a diminished, more hostile environment for our descendents who will wonder - into (hopefully long) perpetuity - what were they thinking? Are humans actually capable of squandering and exploiting the planet, while their own children are left to care for, say 10 million Bangladeshi refugees? I speak of climate change, of course, specifically - but also the environment in general including the biodiversity crisis. I think the best thing to do now is plan who to vote for, particularly at the national level, in the next election. Personally, I'm going to find out which candidates have the strongest position on climate change, and the environment, and vote for those candidates. We have to put people in charge who will work on this.

But HEY ! I'm having a great day anyway.....

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?