Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

January 10, 2007 30 Years in New Hampshire

[ click on photo to enlarge ]
At one point in the hike today, I stopped and extended my right arm and took this photo of myself. Today was colder by at least 15 degrees F. than it has been lately around here. It was about 38 degrees F., and sunny, so it was still really nice and still kind of warm for this time of year. I hiked up around the apple orchards and woods behind Silver Lake State Park for an hour, and then up into Hollis Town Forest for 2 more hours. It was unbelievably awesome. Cold actually is better, as long as you're dressed for it, which as you can see from my hat and gloves - and I had 4 layers of shirts - I was. I realized as I was hiking today that I have lived here in southern N.H. for 30 years now. I came here when I was 23. Weird, huh?
Comments? click on Comments

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?